Friday, June 20, 2008

the bottom line is, i have a dead tooth in my mouth.

the past 2 weeks have been tough for me. early of last week, i was involved in an accident at 7.30 in the morning on the journey to college along MRR2 highway. i clearly remember my reaction when the collusion took place. "fuck fuck, damn it.. erghh" followed by a inadvertent punch on the steering wheel.

this is my 2nd attempt on resketching the accident.


it was already a very bad day for me but badminton that night sure did bring up my mood a little. that was what i needed. friends making me laughed/cheering me without knowing what happened that morning. nevertheless, in the end of the day, you still wish for that piece of consolation from that particular person. i miss those days where we would just whine to each another over a cup of tea.

the next day of my accident, my friend's dad was involved in another accident. the damage was way serious and complicated. he was hit by a tractor! and did i mention, my friend was with me when i knocked the car in front? i wonder how it feels like being involved in 2 accidents consecutively. my dad hasn't spoken to me since the accident and i know he will go on and on with this killing cold treatment until i get the car fixed. would you rather being scolded and yelled or totally ignored?

on last thursday, it was a blue moon : )

i didn't have a car but i was desperate to go college, not because i was hardworking but simply because i felt like going to college. i did it once and it will be the last time. that was when i found out, calling a cab now charges you RM2 instead of RM1 and this new charge was implemented 1 year ago. i took a cab to college from my doorstep and it cost me RM24. *ouch
(i could have bought 4 bottles of heineken in Miri AND i still can give tips!)

money is nothing when it comes to safety. if i knew i was going to meet a pathetic asshole and a son of a bitch in the lrt station on the way home, i won't mind paying a double of my cab fare to go home. the next time i see you again, it's when i'll be watching you strip your pants with a smirk on MY face this time.

to make the matter worst, that night itself i was suffering from a toothache which almost made me kill myself. i wanted to tie a string to that particular tooth and secured the other end of the string to the doorknob where the door opens outwards. i will wait patiently behind the door and on a count to three, i will make my brother open the door as fast as possible as though there are stripers in bunny costumes awaiting for him behind the closed door. and if that really took place, i swear i would have killed my brother. the pain was unbearable i couldn't sleep that night and that was the excuse for skipping class the following day.

i have visited the dentist and the pain has left but there's still a slight but disturbing sharp pain. before we go any further, let's look into the anatomy of a tooth. this could be boring, but please take note. you will know why at the end of this post.

the pulp chamber contains blood vessels, nerves and other connective tissues and creates the surrounding hard tissues of the tooth during development. The pulp is important during a tooth’s growth and development. However, once a tooth is fully mature it can survive without the pulp, because the tooth continues to be nourished by the tissues surrounding it.

if you know when the pulp matures, please enlighten me.

The Root canal treatment (RCT) is needed when the tooth's root becomes infected or inflamed through injury or advanced decay as you can see from the picture above.
The tooth is anesthetized. An opening is made through the crown of the tooth to the pulp chamber. Special files are used to clean the infection and unhealthy pulp out of the canals. Irrigation is used to help clean the main canal (called lateral canals).



The canals are filled with a permanent material, often gutta-percha. This helps to keep the canals free of infection or contamination.


A temporary filling material is placed on top of the gutta-percha to seal the opening until the tooth is ready to be prepared for a crown. A crown, sometimes called a cap, is made to look like a natural tooth, and is placed on top.


Althought it is said that the tooth was sedated but during the process, i was literally shrieking for pain and holding my hands together so tightly the nurse had to calm me down. seconds later, the pain became sharp and agonizing, i cried as my legs were kicking and hiting on the seat.

it was a torture i never want to endure again.

and the reason why i ask you all to take notice of this is that, this treatment easily cost me RM450. and this amount is not including "crowning"(to protect and restore the tooth to full function) where i have to do after my braces. crowning will cost me RM600. but of course there is an alternative to this treatment which is to get your tooth extracted. i have to skip this as the missing tooth will be a problem to my braces.

car damage

2 5 0 + 4 4 0 = 6 9 0

RCT

6 0 0 + 4 5 0 = 1 1 5 0

Jumlah keseluruhan dalam SATU bulan

6 9 0 + 1 1 5 0 = 1 8 4 0

0.o""" who wants to buy my backside?

on the journey home from the clinic, i cried. it wasn't just a hole burnt on my pocket, it felt like a blood suction right in the middle of my heart.

knn, in a blink of eye, my set of teeth has become more valuable.

p/s: please visit the dentist regularly. i swear you'll rather pay RM20 for consultation.

1 Comments:

At 4:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i already told u this on the phone....but yes i laughed my ass off reading the miri part. come to miri and alcohol for the whole trip will be taken care off! ahahahah

and i still can believe u went to the excruciating process of a root canal. scarryy. hopefully it's better yeah!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home