Wednesday, April 09, 2008

more to say but this much for now

whenever i look back, over my right shoulder i tend to see the mistakes i have done in the past. they seem to be forming a line, tailing me from behind.

i have finished reading "the five people you meet in heaven" by Mitch Albom (was quite shock to find it at my mum's book shelf) 3 days back and it inspires me dearly. it makes me wonder who are the people i have affected and changed their lives and also who are the poeple who have affected me and changed my life. i like the perception the author has on heaven. sometimes, we live on without having answers to the questions we have chucked in the corner of our minds. and heaven has the answers for us all.

few days back, i was having a talk with an old friend of mine. a friend whom i cherish till now despite the distance between us and whom i have neglected back in those days. i believe he is one of the many people i have affected and at the same time, affected by him. lessons were learnt from him and i thank him for that. i am truly glad for that one step i took in saving our friendships.

we really don't have to speak too much of appreciation when everything is well comprehended already. but people still do. i do.


another person has affected my life. this friend of mine has not changed me but has taken a significant role in my life. nobody knows the things we've been through better than we do. i haven't been the best but i will be there at your lowest. =) just ring up aights.

some envy me for where i am now. some think i'm having a blast. i may, but when it turns dark, i ask, will i prefer this or a never broken bond of a mother and daughter?
we tend to earn something when we have lost something before.
just like the saying in the book i read, "one withers, another grow. birth and death are part of the whole." the latter phrase might have digressed too far though.
don't envy me, for you don't know i have envied you all for the past years of my life.


the feeling in me now is just neutral. neither sad, nor happy.


i'm just really grateful for this holiday in the UK. one thing i am for sure, my prayers were answered. i have opened my eyes to so many things, beautiful scenery, foreign surroundings which i have slowly came to familiarize, busy london, irreplaceable touch of a mom where i used to seek in someone else, charcoal dark and starry skies just like back home leaving me nothing but a serene soul, simple friends became more valued, the loved ones missing me as much as i miss them, a dad who will never give up on her daughter despite the thorny words he threw on her face, and at the same time, i have learnt not to doubt on my dad's love.


i know in his eyes, i'm still that small little girl who needs to raise up her hand to reach his.









i miss my brothers. they were really cute right?

2 Comments:

At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

chui!!! guess what? i read the five people you meet in heaven also either....end of feb or early march since i dont have much to here. lol and u're right, the book is amazing! makes u stop questioning life so much.

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger JoannE said...

yeah i know! u told me about it during one of our coversations. that's why i was kinda shocked when i saw it here.

good stuff.

=)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home